Trip Cancellation - Trips get cancelled, plans get changed, and luggage can go missing - get protection and peace of mind with trip cancellation travel insurance
Taking a trip is all about planning and preparation – but too often, plans can unexpectedly change. The best way to protect your trip and ensure you are well prepared for the unexpected is to purchase trip cancellation travel insurance available through Travel Guard.
What is trip cancellation travel insurance?
When you are booking your trip you need to ask yourself "If I have to cancel my trip can I afford to lose all the money that I have invested in it?" or "What happens if there is an emergency at home that requires me to cut my trip short?"
Trip cancellation travel insurance can play an important role in helping you with pre-paid travel expense costs, re-organizing travel plans, and recovering lost, damaged & stolen luggage. Travel Guard also provides 24/7 travel assistance services to help you if travel plans don’t quite go as smoothly as expected.
There are four main components related to trip cancellation travel insurance available through Travel Guard: Please refer to the policy wording for additional coverage’s, benefit limits, exclusions and limitations.
Why is trip cancellation travel insurance important to you?
- Trip Cancellation: provides coverage starting the day you purchase your policy up to the day you leave on your trip. Should you have to cancel your trip due to unexpected or unforeseen covered risks such as a Canadian government issued travel advisory towards your destination(s), the death of an immediate family member, or unexpected job loss, the trip cancellation portion of this insurance can help cover non-refundable pre-paid travel expenses.
- Trip Interruption: provides coverage while you are on your trip if you experience unexpected travel interruptions due to a covered risk such as the delay of your private automobile due to mechanical failure while on your way to an airport, or your scheduled carrier is delayed by weather conditions, or your travelling companion develops an emergency medical condition.
- Trip Delay: refers to a situation that prevents you from returning home on your scheduled return date. An example of this – and a covered risk – is transportation delay: if you are on your way to your return home flight in a private automobile and the private automobile experiences mechanical failure causing you to miss your connection. Travel Guard can help cover the costs of re-booking, while assisting you in re-scheduling your itinerary to get you home.
- Lost, Damaged & Stolen Luggage: this provides coverage for your luggage if it is lost, damaged, or stolen while on your trip. This also provides coverage for important travel documents if you happen to lose them, such as a passport, birth certificate, travel visa, or driver’s license. Travel Guard will also help to coordinate the process of getting these documents back in your hands.
- Trip cancellation travel insurance is important to you because it can take some of the stress out of family trips and give you peace of mind while travelling! Travel Guard can make things easier in a variety of ways, including: helping you with directions, suggestions on what to do and where to go, locating the nearest rest stop if someone really has to ‘go’, and much more! Travel Guard’s 24/7 travel assistance services can really come in handy!
- A trip can be considered an investment, so you should protect that investment from unexpected and uncontrollable events that may require you to cancel your trip.
- Travel interruptions and delays do happen, but having an insurance provider such as Travel Guard available 24/7 in the event that you run into problems while travelling, is not only invaluable, but provides peace of mind.
- Lost, damaged & stolen luggage is a common occurrence in a world where millions of people are travelling everyday. Travel Guard’s assistance service, BagTrak, is dedicated to helping track down customers lost and/or delayed luggage.
When planning a trip, remember that trip cancellation travel insurance available through Travel Guard can help protect your trip investment, your luggage and personal effects, and provide you with essential 24/7 travel assistance services.